Handmade cards can add such a meaningful touch to a gift. It means that you took the time out to make something personal just for the recipient. I know I feel extra special when I receive a handmade, handwritten card! So today, I’m so excited to share with you a quick and easy way to create your very own card! This tutorial is by the creative Hafsa Taher of HafsaCreates. You should also check out her Etsy shop for unique handmade cards which she makes herself. They are beautiful!
So, I’ll hand the mic over to Hafsa to show us this beginner cardmaking project that anyone can make…
If you’ve done any crafts – any at all- then you already know how to make cards. A lot of the techniques you used in school crafts can be used in card making.
To make cards, the basic supplies you’ll need are:
- paper (card stock, patterned paper)
- (optional) embellishments, like rhinestone, ribbon and stickers
Here’s a quick card tutorial using some promotional flyers I found.
1. Cut strips of paper from the papers you like.
2. Glue on them on a scrap cardboard
3. Punch or cut out a circle and cut the circle in half
4. Cut card stock at 5.5″ x 2.75″ and score at 2.75″. Hand Write the
sentiment. I used “thanks”.
5. And stick the half circles above and below.
Your mini notecard is ready to be given away to someone special. You can repeat the same template for any shape – a square, a diamond, or triangle.
For more card ideas, follow me on…
And visit my Etsy shop: